At the completion of all training and workshops by CORA Corporation, a certificate will be issued along with a description of the learning outcome. The certificate is suitable for framing and makes a professional statement when placed into your personnel file or resume.
When training workshops are held for a specific business or industry, photos of the training session can be taken and provided to the client for the company website/bulletin board or any such purpose that the client sees fit, at no extra cost.
Each workshop comes with two free business coaching sessions for the workshop organizer, in order to help him or her reinforce the techniques and tools covered in the training.
CORA Corporation is proud to be an authorized WEDNet provider. If your company/industry is located in Pennsylvania, there may be FREE training funds available to you through the Workforce & Educational Development Network of Pennsylvania. Contact us or visit the WEDNet site at www.wednetpa.com to see if your business qualifies for WEDNet-funded training for your employees.
Our most popular workshop topics are described below. If you’re looking for a particular type of workshop or compliance training not listed here, please contact us. We can create a customized workshop to fit your needs.
- Change Management
- Compliance-Related Workshops
- Conflict Management
- Customer Service and Loyalty (For Employees)
- Customer Service and Loyalty (For Employers)
- Effective Performance Reviews/Giving Feedback
- Ethics and Integrity
- Generational Diversity
- Generational Diversity and the Church (For Churches and Faith-Based Organizations)
- Hiring and Retaining the Right People … including how to “clone” your best employees!
- Leadership Effectiveness
- Learning to Listen to Each Other
- Managing by Motivation
- Networking for Success
- Organizational Silos and Turf Wars
- Sexual Harassment/Hostile Work Environment (For Employees)
- Sexual Harassment/Hostile Work Environment (For Employers)
- Supervision, Management, and Leadership
- Team Work
- Time and Priority Management
- Training Supervisors
- Trust in the Workplace
- Understanding Situational Leadership
- Uniquely You (For Churches and Faith-Based Organizations)
To successfully master change, individuals must pass through the four phases of denial, resistance, exploration, and commitment. This training workshop will help uncover individual reactions to change and provide insights on how behavior affects success.
- Pinpoint your current stage in the change process
- Understand the four phases of change
- Identify productive and nonproductive change behaviors
- Develop a strategy for mastering change
Poor communication is the root cause of many workplace issues – including wasted money and effort, low morale, and interpersonal conflict. Yet communication problems are almost always solvable. This workshop delivers practical techniques to improve the interpersonal skills that are key to effective communication. The workshop includes an assessment as well as hands-on experience in cross-team and cross-departmental communication.
- How to effectively communicate with others
- Why teams that work together should align their communication norms
- How to clarify expectations to reduce miscommunication
- Create an action plan to improve productivity
CORA Corporation offers a full range of human resources workshops related to compliance and other personnel issues, including the following:
- Sexual Harassment (For Employees and Employers)
- ADA – What Supervisors Need to Know
- HIPAA Privacy Training for Employers Supervisors and Managers
- COBRA – What Supervisors Need to Know
- Employment Law
- OSHA Says You Have a Right to Know (relating to chemical hazards)
- Hours of Service: What You Need to Know (HoS requirements from U.S. DOT)
- Preventing Discrimination in the Workplace
Being able to effectively manage conflict can often determine the success or failure of an organization. This training workshop will assist employees in understanding and handling conflict situations within the organization. The workshop provides a comprehensive framework for effectively and engagingly presenting the tools and techniques for successfully managing conflict.
- Offers a situational approach to conflict resolution
- Introduces the five conflict-handling styles
- Demonstrates how and when to use the five conflict-handling styles effectively
- Helps to initiate safe and productive dialogue to deal with conflict situations
- Develops a strategy for mastering conflict resolution
Customer Service and Loyalty (For Employees)
“If you own the problem, you own the customer. If you lose the problem, you lose the customer.”
What do customers value most in customer service? SOLVING THEIR PROBLEMS!
Recent research shows that handling customer problems quickly and correctly will retain or even build customer loyalty. Customers who don’t get their problems solved will leave and not return. This training workshop is designed for all customer service providers, including sales associates, government employees, telephone customer service representatives, and all other service professionals.
- Attitude, attitude, attitude
- Work with policy to solve problems
- Take customers directly to what they need
- Take the time to really listen
- Treat every customer as your only customer
- Help customers define their needs
- Creating a customer service team
Customer Service and Loyalty (For Employers)
“Great customer service thrives in an environment where employees are encouraged and supported.”
How do supervisors affect customer service? We all know that front-line service people directly impact customer satisfaction. We don’t often look at how much a supervisor’s behavior influences the service a customer ultimately receives.
The Customer Service and Loyalty training workshop for supervisors takes a fresh look at customer service by showing the direct connection between a supervisor’s behavior and the way employees treat customers. When employees are listened to, respected, and encouraged, they will do the same for their customers.
- Customer service is everyone’s first responsibility
- Help identify the five primary supervisory behaviors that will promote excellent customer service
- A set of tools that the supervisors can use to promote and motivate the proper culture and relationship
- Creating effective communications
- Helping customer service reps work together as a team
- Resolving conflicts between customer service reps
- Creating a customer service team
Effective Performance Reviews/Giving Feedback
Research has shown that organizations that conduct performance reviews and appraisals are more successful than those that do not have an evaluation system in place. Supervisors must learn how to coach and give feedback, both positive and negative, on a regular and timely basis so that employees can grow and develop.
- Recognizing the importance of having a performance review process for employees
- Understanding core competencies and how to work with a core competency model
- Identifying the performance management cycle, and the part that employees, managers, and organizations play in that cycle
- Understanding how to work with employees to set performance objectives and standards
- Developing skills in observing and giving feedback, listening, and asking questions for effective coaching and improved performance
- Identifying an effective interview process and practicing the process in a supportive atmosphere
- Making the performance review legally defensible
- Keeping accurate records
Ethics and Integrity
This workshop goes beyond just talking about ethics in the workplace. It utilizes thought-provoking activities and case studies to stimulate new thinking and innovative ways for making sound ethical decisions. The training covers four primary cultural orientations: People, Task, Values/Ethics, and Synergy.
- Heighten the professional ethical standards of all employees
- Integrate ethical reasoning with other work behaviors
- Enhance employee commitment to developing a code of ethics
- Tools for ethical decision-making
Are you a Traditionalist, a Boomer, an X-er, a Millennial, or a Cusper? Today’s workplace is not only culturally diverse but also generationally diverse. Participants in this workshop will develop a better understanding of each generation’s values and discover how these play out in the workplace and marketplace. They will also learn valuable tips on working and communicating with each generation.
- Understand the five generations that comprise today’s workforce
- Discover each generation’s values and discover how those play out in the workplace
- Appreciate what each generation brings to the workplace
- Develop stronger working relationships with colleagues of other generations
- Hiring and retaining the workforce of today
Generational Diversity and the Church (For Churches and Faith-Based Organizations)
Are you a Traditionalist, a Boomer, an X-er, a Millennial, or a Cusper? Today’s church is not only culturally diverse, but also generationally diverse. Participants in this workshop will develop a better understanding of each generation’s values and discover how these play out in the life of the church. They will also learn valuable tips on working and communicating with each generation.
- Understand the five generations that comprise today’s congregations
- Discover each generation’s values and discover how those can work together for the good of the Kingdom of God
- Appreciate what each generation brings to the ministry of the church
- Develop stronger ministry teams
- How to disciple the various generations
- Drawing the generations to your church
- Retaining the generations
Hiring and Retaining the Right People … including how to “clone” your best employees!
Labor statistics show that 68% of all business fail because they have hired the wrong people for the job. 71% of all business problems are due to poor attitude and employee error. Every time an employee is lost, it costs between one year to three years’ worth of wages, depending on their level of responsibility and relationship-building ability.
- What you should be looking for in an employee
- How to attract the right people
- How to determine if they will compliment your other employees
- Reference checks / criminal history
- Assessment analysis to insure the right fit
A good leader must be skilled in a number of broad areas or competencies considered critical if the leader is to help the organization achieve its goals. The Leadership Effectiveness workshop helps supervisors, managers, and all other leaders to identify personal strengths and weaknesses within 8 specific competency areas so that they can begin to strengthen and master them.
- Understanding your team
- Assessing the capabilities of your team
- Establishing leadership ground rules
- How to provide directional clarity
- Setting tangible goals and targets
- Leading by example
- Taking measured risks
- How to invite feedback
Learning to Listen to Each Other
Statistics show that people remember only half of what they hear, even moments after they’ve heard it. Surprising? The fact is that although most of us like to think we’re good listeners, almost everyone needs to improve their listening skills. Learning to Listen to Each Other offers a fresh approach to this common problem.
- Determine listening effectiveness in three dimensions
- Explore how both visible and invisible aspects of listening affect interaction
- Understand what it takes – physically and mentally – to listen carefully
- Create an action plan that puts new skills into immediate action
Managing by Motivation
This workshop helps to increase management effectiveness through improved motivation skills. We focus on the classic motivation theories of Maslow and Herzberg which will help the participant identify motivating factors in terms of an employees’ security, social, self-esteem, and self-actualization needs.
- Understanding what motivates you
- How to take into account employees’ motivations as they relate to performance and change issues
- How to capitalize on employees’ natural motivators rather than focusing on external motivators
Networking for Success
Networking is not about business … it’s about relationships. This workshop will provide you with a clear understanding on how anyone can be a skilled and powerful networker. As every employee has their own “network” of people, this becomes an invaluable session for everyone from the business owner on down.
- How to gain the most from networking
- Explore the business card – How to use it to a GREATER advantage
- A new look for your “30-second commercial”
- Standing out among your competition
- How to be the go-to person
- Power networking
Organizational Silos and Turf Wars
Are you tired of your employees being concerned only with what THEY are doing or how things affect THEM instead of working together for the good of the business or organization? This workshop and follow-up are designed to address that very problem.
- Understanding what “silos” are and the problems they cause
- Identify the challenges for the various groups
- List the common pitfalls
- Role of supervisors and management
- Understanding that recovery is far more than just team-building
Sexual Harassment/Hostile Work Environment (For Employees)
Sexual harassment, bullying, and discrimination create unhealthy and unproductive hostile work environments. Proactive sexual harassment training is your best weapon against sexual harassment, AND your best defense against lawsuits. This training workshop defines what actions constitute various forms of harassment and how to avoid them. It also show employees how to handle harassment and what to do about it. You can prevent harassment from happening within your business, and it all starts with awareness and behavior.
- Defining sexual harassment
- Identifying other forms of harassment
- Understanding hostile work environments
- What to do if you’re the target of harassment
- What to do if you’re accused of harassment
- When to file a grievance and how to do it properly
Sexual Harassment/Hostile Work Environment (For Employers)
Sexual harassment, bullying, and discrimination create unhealthy and unproductive hostile work environments. Proactive sexual harassment training is your best weapon against sexual harassment, AND your best defense against lawsuits. This training workshop provides appropriate and effective means of dealing with sexual harassment, all other forms of intimidation and bullying, discrimination, and their prevention. Protect your employees and your organization from legal turmoil. You can prevent harassment from happening within your business. These resources will enable your organization to create and maintain a respectful workplace.
- Defining sexual harassment
- Identifying other forms of harassment
- Understanding hostile work environments
- Preventing a hostile work environment
- What to do when a grievance is filed
- Investigating a report of harassment
- Knowing your responsibilities as an employer
Supervision, Management, and Leadership
What leadership skills need to be developed or improved in your supervisors? Who will be your leaders of tomorrow, and how can you start cultivating these talents? This workshop can help you understand the skills that every leader, manager, and supervisor need.
- The leadership team
- Knowing what you are good at
- Effective communication
- Working to bridge the gaps
- Supervision, power, and relationships
- The leader’s role as the facilitator
A team is “a group of people with a common goal who work together to deliver excellent results.” That’s the theory, anyway! In practice, teams don’t always work well together, share the same goals, or deliver on those excellent results. This workshop presents the factors that can make teams succeed or fail and delivers useful tools and techniques that will facilitate team-based productivity.
- Determining the core purpose of any team
- Deciding where to focus attention to make improvement happen
- Identifying and removing the barriers to effective team performance
- Tearing down “silos”
- Sharing responsibility for goals and outcomes
Time and Priority Management
Increased productivity, improved efficiency, and reduced stress—these are all great reasons to learn how you can manage your time better. This workshop highlights problems faced in managing your time and provides a toolkit to improve time management in your organization.
- What robs you of your time
- How to eliminate time-wasters
- How to prioritize for success
- Finding more time in your day
This training workshop meets the needs of supervisors by providing them with an accurate, real-life picture of what it means to be a supervisor, the expectations for the position, the skills and knowledge required, and what it takes to succeed in the role. The good news is that they need master only five basic skills to excel in their roles and progress to higher levels of responsibility. Excellent for someone who is being groomed for supervision, the new or first-time supervisor.
- Defining the role of supervisor
- Identifies the challenges for the first-time supervisor
- Importance of performance evaluation
- Supervisory competencies
- Use of assessments
Trust in the Workplace
Trust is the essential foundation of every relationship. In an organization, establishing trust is fundamental to success, particularly given trends such as job-sharing, telecommuting, and virtual teams. But just how do you train on trust? This workshop will explore this sensitive issue without arousing defensiveness. Participants will gain a deeper understanding of what it means to give trust and be trustworthy, which they can apply to their individual, team, and organizational relationships.
- Identify your individual tendency to trust
- Understand the factors that affect the decision to trust
- Discover four groups of behavior that indicate trust
- Identify how to improve your level of trust
Understanding Situational Leadership
This workshop helps participants understand that different leadership styles are more effective in different situations. A good situational leader is one who is flexible enough to adapt his or her style to the situation. This workshop will introduce attendees to the primary leadership styles and how to apply them effectively.
- Understanding the four leadership styles, and which one you are
- Knowing when it’s most advantageous to apply each style
- Understanding how to help develop your employees’ situational leadership abilities
Uniquely You (For Churches and Faith-Based Organizations)
This workshop is one of the most popular profile providers and the pioneer for combining spiritual gifts with the 4 DISC personality types. We can assess your individual or ministry’s strengths and uniqueness by identifying your DISC personality profile, passion, and spiritual gift types. By understanding human behavior science from a biblical perspective, we can help members find their shape and place in the ministries of your church. Our certified facilitators can present either a 16- or 23-gift assessment. Each participant receives a detailed 24-page personal analysis report.
These personality insights and motivational gifts will improve your:
- Church health
- Retention of members
- Ministry involvement
- Spiritual growth